Himesh sheds his nasal voice

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 ·













After shedding his cap, singer turned actor Himesh Reshammiya has now done away with his nasal twanged singing style in his new film Karzzzz. “Yes, the song Ek Haseena Thi is the first song I have sung without any nasal twang. Since it was a Kishore Kumar song, I did not change its style,” said Himesh. “Normally, I sing songs in high octave. That gives it a nasal twang, but for this song, I sang in medium octave,” he explains.

Karzzzz, a remake of Subhash Ghai’s 1980 blockbuster Karz is scheduled for release this Friday. Ek Haseena Thi would be the sole song taken from the original film. “I have composed the other seven songs in the film, which are very contemporary,” he says. Sharing his frustration on being on a strict diet of boiled, bland and grilled meals, he says it is hard for him to sacrifice his love for pizzas and ice-creams. That frustration of being on a diet led him to compose the song Tandoori Nights, he discloses.

When asked whether it is easy or difficult to compose music for his own films, he says, “It is very challenging and risky. The responsibility lies on my shoulders entirely”. He had earlier declared that he would compose only for his own films. While talking of the remake film, he says the producers have kept the original film ‘intact’. “The story, characters and many scenes are the same. But in the second half of the film, there is a twist,” he says.

On the comparisons being drawn between the original and the remake, he says “There can be no comparison between the original film and ours. The original was a classic and no one can go near it. We have tried to do our best by adding a new twist to the story.” He plays the character of “Monty” in the Satish Kaushik directed remake, which was played by Rishi Kapoor in the original. Describing himself as a big fan of Rishi Kapoor, he says, the remake is his way to pay tribute to the actor.

Urmila Matondkar plays the role of Kamini which was earlier essayed by by Simi Grewal in the original. “She fits the role of Kamini perfectly,” Himesh says. The other heroine in the film is played by debutant Shweta Kumar. On why he doesn’t act with established actress, he says, “I am an unconventional hero. I don’t know whether big names will fit opposite me or not. I am afraid of acting opposite them. By casting new actresses, I take a safer approach to ensure success.”

Unlike his last film Aap Ka Suroor, there will be no suspense over when will he open his cap, or when will he dance and laugh. “I will laugh and dance in this film, as I am not playing myself as I did in my last film. Here, I play a character and therefore, I have changed according to the needs of the role,” he says.

He considers this film to be the real test for his acting skills. “A section of the critics was unhappy of my performance in Aap Ka Suroor. This is my attempt to win them over,” he adds. “Among my coming films, I am also doing a comedy,” he says. He has four releases lined up for 2009. Kajraare is slated to be released in February, followed by Mudh Mudh Ke Na Dekkh Mudh Mudh ke, Hey Gujju and A New Love Ishtory. He gives the credit for his new look in the film to his sister Roopa. “She has tried to make me look presentable. I am not a good looking hero, and so extra efforts has went in,” he says.A New Love Ishtory

He had to go for hair transplants, wearing extensions and even shaved his chest for the movie. “Rishi Kapoor is the best-looking ‘Monty’ and I am the worst,” says Himesh when asked how he compares himself with the actor. He says he chose acting because “In every movie buff’s heart, there is a hidden actor. I am exploring that. I got the opportunity to act, and so I am trying to fulfill my wishes of being an actor.”

0 comments:

visitors flag

free counters

About this blog

You have to tell me about that....

COUNTER

frontpage hit counter